Subject: bouncingMail--try again . . .
From: Mike McCool <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 20:21:18 -0500

> PHOTO SHOP VS DPAINT???
> Are you folks crazy???
> High End... another misinformed user?
> 
> The dreidel anims that are running on the jewish post's web site...
> were made with LW and Dpaint! I needed Dpaint to create the flames, which was
> a lot quicker 'for me to do' than using LW. Now lets see your HIGH-END
> Photoshop
> do anim brushes!!! 
> 
> P.S. If Dpaint used as much RAM as photoshop... it could power NYC! :)))
> 

The condescension these folks cop is a defense mechanism.  They've blown 
so much green on photoshop, they've gotta stand up for it, or look the 
fool. 

And hey, thanks, you, for pointing out that comparisons between p-shop 
and d-paint are absurd.  More appropriate to compare it to ADPro or 
ImageFX.  

I have a mac mate who's gaga for p-shop, even though it crashes his 
machine every time he uses it, and takes about a month to do anything.  
The ONLY thing it has that I kind of liked over the versions of AdPro and 
ImageFX that I use is a really cool lensflare.  

No software or platform war intended.  It just shoots my hackles up when 
spendthrifts start condescending.  

Oh, and p.s.:  could you direct us to one of those sites that has your 
dreidel anims? I would love to see what you've done.  

Thanks, and happy holidays . . .